Discuss these questions about the two chapters from Gulliver’s Travels that you read for homework.
- What actually happens in these two chapters?
- Begin with Gulliver’s journey to the city Mildendo. What does he see?
- What’s the gist of the conversation between Reldresal (the king’s principal secretary of private affairs) and Gulliver?
- Where does Gulliver go in Chapter 5, and what does he do on the king’s behalf against the Blefuscus?
- What crisis presents itself when Gulliver comes home, and how does he solve it? What’s the response of the empress?
- Why did you choose to draw the part of his trip that you did?
- What was your favorite part of the two chapters, and why? Why does this book remain popular?