Research to learn about the difference between a numerical expression (such as 2 + 3) and a variable expression (such as x + 2).
- Search using a few different keywords to find resources. Follow any links that look useful.
- Watch video tutorials about expressions.
- Review worked examples of expression problems.
- Look up expression in the dictionary.
Write your answers to the following questions:
- How is a numeric expression different from a variable expression?
- What are five things you think you will learn about expressions this year?
- When is it useful to research a concept?