Play the Expressions Game with a partner. Here are the rules.
- The first partner writes an expression following the guidelines below, but does not let the second partner see the expression. Expressions can have:
- From one to three terms
- One or two variables
- Whole numbers less than 10
- Exponents to the third power or less
- The second partner asks questions to try to figure out what the expression is. Write down the questions that are asked, as you will need them for your presentation.
- After the second partner figures out the expression, switch roles and play the game again using a different expression.
- For the partner writing the expression: Does your expression meet the guidelines? Revise your expression if needed.
- For the partner guessing the expression: Think about the vocabulary words you learned in the video. How can you use these words to ask helpful questions?