Methods of Evaluating Information

by INFOhio Staff 2 years ago

What methods have you used to evaluate information? Do you have a lesson or a specific helpful acronym that you share with students (for example the CRAP method)? 

Taryn Thomas 1 year, 5 months ago

I have used the difference between .org and .com with my students. I do not have a specific lesson or acronym, as I only allow my students to use INFOhio when they do their research so that I know the information my students are getting is actually scholarly instead of gossip they found in a magazine. My students are not allowed to "google" their topic, and they must use INFOhio for their topics. 

Christine Badenhop 1 year, 5 months ago

AAA- Authoritative, Accurate, and Appropriate.  Demco sells bookmarks and posters with this on.  I give the English department enough for each student each year.  

Ariel Hakim 2 months, 3 weeks ago

Both CRAP and AAA are good methods and memorable for students. The CRAP evaluation checklist is a good one, with the kind of questions students can answer. I worked with a student recently on a paper about a Revolutionary War hero. One of her web sources did not list an author, but we did decide it was a reliable source, since it was published by museum curators.