Kara Hemminger 1 year, 9 months ago

I learned that The World Almanac for Kids Elementary offers a lot more than just articles and images. I love that it includes a "read to me" option and that it's broken down into sections for young readers. I was excited to learn about the interactive games and puzzles section. Students will love those activities, and I'll love that they're engaged and extending their learning. 

Michelle Lombardi 1 year, 6 months ago

The most important thing I learned from this class was that The World Almanac for Kids includes a wealth of teacher resources, from lesson plans and standards based search tools, to printable graphic organizers and worksheets. These materials make it much easier for me to promote this resource with teachers at my school. The World Almanac for Kids provides a seamless place for teachers to access lessons, resources used to teach them, materials to aid student learning, and more. 

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 5 months ago

I think this resource is good for those voracious learners who want to know everything about a topic. They can skip and jump around to their hearts' desire. I thought it was a challenge to navigate, especially when clicking on side links. You could end up going down a rabbit hole. I also dislike many of the educator resources. They seem like lower-level learning opportunities and nothing innovative that would make sense with digital learning.