Integrating Digital Text in Your Classroom

by INFOhio Staff 1 year, 10 months ago

What are two things you are currently doing in your classroom or instruction that will make integrating digital text easier? 

Kara Hemminger 1 year, 9 months ago

1. I model reading digital text with students. I have my Smart TV display digital texts from a variety of sources, including ebooks, web sites, learning apps, INFOhio resources, etc. With younger students, I like to use the word highlighting features. With older students we discuss how to read online sources much as we would non-fiction text features. 

2. Our collection of ebooks is growing, and I've encourage students to use the highlighting and note-taking features available to help them slow down and interact with the text. 

Michelle Lombardi 1 year, 6 months ago

I use an online learning management system that makes it easy to share digtal content with students. My students also use a digital notetaking app, whihc allows them to easily save and annotate digital articles and other content.

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 5 months ago

I use Google Classroom and a variety of EdTech tools that support presentation skills, comprehension, and acccessibility features.