The World Almanac for Kids and Elementary

The World Almanac for Kids is a licensed digital reference resource from INFOhio, appropriate for grades 6-12, and it features articles, videos, games, science projects, fun facts, maps, flags and more. Topics include the arts, biographies, geography, health and guidance, language arts, life science, math, physical science, social studies, and sports. The World Almanac for Kids Elementary is a licensed digital resource from INFOhio, appropriate for K-5 students, and features articles, videos, interactive games, and activities on topics including animals, Earth Science, famous Americans, plants, exploring space, and more. Teacher Resources in both of these resources include printable handouts, worksheets, graphic organizers, and classroom management forms to use with any lesson, plus science diagrams and projects. This group has been created for INFOhio users of The World Almanac for Kids and Elementary digital resources to reflect and learn more about integrating these resources into the classroom. To learn more about The World Almanac for Kids, take this online asynchronous class in INFOhio's 6-12 Digital Content Learning Pathway: https://infohio.org/campus/learning-pathways/course/the-world-almanac-for-kids To learn more about The World Almanac for Kids Elementary, take this online asynchronous class in INFOhio's K-5 Digital Content Learning Pathway: https://infohio.org/campus/learning-pathways/course/the-world-almanac-for-kids-elementary
7 members | 2 affiliated resources

Features of The World Almanac for Kids and Kids Elementary

by INFOhio Staff 3 months, 3 weeks ago

Take The World Almanac for Kids Elementary class and/or The World Almanac for Kids class to learn more about this digital resource licensed by INFOhio.

1. Thinking about the students you work with, name at least two features of The World Almanac for Kids or Kids Elementary that will most appeal to them.

2. Which feature of The World Almanac for Kids or Kids Elementary most appeals to you as a teacher? 

3. Think of a time when you used a website or digital instruction program in your instruction. What did you like about using the digital resource? How was it different than using other resources in your teaching?

Kara Hemminger 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Thinking about the students you work with, name at least two features of The World Almanac for Kids or Kids Elementary that will most appeal to them.

I think the videos and interactive games and puzzles will most appeal to students. It is helpful for students to have a visual and audio to accompany the articles to help with comprehension. The intearctive games and puzzles are a great way to reinfoce and assess students' knowlege in a fun and engaging way. 

Which feature of The World Almanac for Kids or Kids Elementary most appeals to you as a teacher? 

I have two - I love that I can search by standard and that they are a variety of teaching materials on each topic that are ready to print or digitally assign to students.

Think of a time when you used a website or digital instruction program in your instruction. What did you like about using the digital resource? How was it different than using other resources in your teaching

I like using digital resources for students to conduct research because they're usually easy to navigate and can accomodate multiple learning styles so learning is more personalized for each student. Digital resources that are interactive help students engage more with their content.