Features of The World Almanac for Kids and Kids Elementary

by INFOhio Staff 1 year, 10 months ago

Take The World Almanac for Kids Elementary class and/or The World Almanac for Kids class to learn more about this digital resource licensed by INFOhio.

1. Thinking about the students you work with, name at least two features of The World Almanac for Kids or Kids Elementary that will most appeal to them.

2. Which feature of The World Almanac for Kids or Kids Elementary most appeals to you as a teacher? 

3. Think of a time when you used a website or digital instruction program in your instruction. What did you like about using the digital resource? How was it different than using other resources in your teaching?

Kara Hemminger 1 year, 9 months ago

Thinking about the students you work with, name at least two features of The World Almanac for Kids or Kids Elementary that will most appeal to them.

I think the videos and interactive games and puzzles will most appeal to students. It is helpful for students to have a visual and audio to accompany the articles to help with comprehension. The intearctive games and puzzles are a great way to reinfoce and assess students' knowlege in a fun and engaging way. 

Which feature of The World Almanac for Kids or Kids Elementary most appeals to you as a teacher? 

I have two - I love that I can search by standard and that they are a variety of teaching materials on each topic that are ready to print or digitally assign to students.

Think of a time when you used a website or digital instruction program in your instruction. What did you like about using the digital resource? How was it different than using other resources in your teaching

I like using digital resources for students to conduct research because they're usually easy to navigate and can accomodate multiple learning styles so learning is more personalized for each student. Digital resources that are interactive help students engage more with their content. 

Michelle Lombardi 1 year, 6 months ago

Thinking about the students you work with, name at least two features of The World Almanac for Kids or Kids Elementary that will most appeal to them.

Two features that I think would appeal most to my stdents are the Games and Videos. Anthing to make learning more interactive (games) or visual (videos) is always popular with my students.

Which feature of The World Almanac for Kids or Kids Elementary most appeals to you as a teacher? 

The feature that appeals most to me as a teacher are the lesson plans, printable handouts, and graphic organizers on the Teacher Resources page. 

Think of a time when you used a website or digital instruction program in your instruction. What did you like about using the digital resource? How was it different than using other resources in your teaching?

I like using digital resources because they are easy to modify for students of varying levels. They also give me the flexibility to reach students while they are in the classroom, at home, or in another class. I like that they allow students to access information in a variety of ways and to express their learning in many different ways. 

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 5 months ago

1. Being able to find so many interesting articles and facts on a topic of interest will be something kids love. The game of the day will also appeal to them.

2. The teacher resources has some nice sections that could be used to assist with lesson planning.

3. I like that there is quick way to jump to topics and facts for those kids who want to learn everything!