World Book Lesson Plans and Educator Tools

by INFOhio Staff 1 year, 9 months ago

Create a lesson plan using instructional materials from the World Book resources, add it to the resources in this group, and explain what you shared in this post.

Leanna Falbo 1 year, 2 months ago

OH Learning Standards: Early Childhood Education-Grade EC

CKG:SC4.1.PK.c - with modeling and support demonstrate knowledge of body parts and bodily processes (eg eating, sleeping, breathing, walking) in humans and other animals.

Will be able to identfy body parts and bodily processes in humans and other animals.....

after viewing and reading "Dolphin and Whale" and "Inside My Body"

watch "Human Skelton" video; "Dolphins swimming": "Pilot Whales"

play game "True or False" sea creatures

tracing sea creatures

play Concentration "My Body"

Coloring "Don't forget to brush your teeth"

Christine Badenhop 1 year, 1 month ago

Ohio Learning Standards: Technology

9-12.ICT.1.C Analyze and evaluate the ease of use and effectiveness of available features of selected digital learning tools and resources.

Before students begin searching for sources, we will be doing the World Book webquest on Research Skills: Using the World Book Database, we would have the students experiement with using the database and finding materials.  We would also use the student videos in the World Book pathway to show student how to use the different items available. 

I did not upload the webquest or video since both were already used in this class.  

Taryn Thomas 1 year, 1 month ago

OH Learning Standards: College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards for Writing

RI.11-12.1. Cite strong and thorough textual evidence to support analysis of what the text says explicitly as well as inferences drawn from the text, including determining where the text leaves matters uncertain.

Will be able to navigate through World Book Student and understand the different components for research.

Will complete RESEARCH SKILLS: Using the World Book Database WebQuest

Will watch World Book Student video tutorial

I did not upload the resources as they are both in the class.

Misty Tinney 8 months, 4 weeks ago

RL.5.4 Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used in a text, including figurative language such as metaphors, similes, and idioms.

RL.5.5 Explain how a series of chapters, scenes, or stanzas fits together to provide the overall structure of a particular story, drama, or poem.

To begin our poetry unit student will use World Book Kids to research poetry and get an overview of what we will be working on.