Unit Accomplishments and Guiding Questions
Review the Unit Accomplishments and ask your teacher any questions you have about them:
- Research an aspect of modern life that you would like to lampoon.
- Read from satirists across history to absorb the style and forms of humor and institutions satirized.
- Write your own satire, drawing on techniques of famous satirists to criticize your target.
Then review the unit’s Guiding Questions:
- What is satire, and when is it too harsh?
- How can humor and irony make you more persuasive?
- What do you think is funny? How far would you go to satirize it?
- Who gets more reaction—satirists or protesters?