Complete a Quick Write.
- What word or phrase is most important in the poem, and why do you think so?
Share your response with a partner.
Then discuss the Quick Write and the following questions about "Myth" with your classmates:
- What is the question Oedipus asks of the sphinx when he meets her again?
- What does her answer suggest about Oedipus’ crimes and mistakes?
- What does the sphinx’s final question imply about her perspective on law? How do her beliefs and goals impact her judgment?
- How does the poem relate to Antigone ?
- In Antigone , where does Creon show a bias or attitude about women?
Refer to specific lines from the poem as you share your ideas.