Ways of Thinking: Make Connections
Take notes about how a number line can represent the highest and lowest elevations in the world.
As your classmates present, ask questions such as:
- Where is sea level on your number line?
- Where are elevations above sea level on your number line?
- Where are elevations below sea level on your number line?
- How did you know where to place each elevation on your number line?
- Compare this number line to number lines you have worked with in the past. How are they alike? How are they different?