Ways of Thinking: Make Connections
Take notes on which statements belong in the Possible group and which statements belong in the Impossible group. Include examples and explanations in your notes.
As classmates present, ask questions such as:
- What strategy did you use to decide if the statement was possible or impossible?
- How do you know this statement is impossible?
- How do you know your example fits the statement?
- Can you sketch a diagram to help you justify the statement?
- Explain each term in the statement and what it told you about the numbers.