Ways of Thinking: Make Connections
Take notes about your classmates’ methods for dividing a fraction by a whole number.
As your classmates present, ask questions such as:
- Where in your model do you see the total amount that you divided into equal groups?
- Where in your model do you see the number of equal groups?
- Where in your model do you see the size of each group?
- How can you use what you know about equivalent fractions to make the problem easier?
- What do you know about the relationship between multiplication and division? How can this relationship help you solve the problem?