Ways of Thinking: Make Connections
Take notes on your classmates’ approaches to solving and writing fraction word problems.
As your classmates present, ask questions such as:
- How are the quantities in the problem related?
- What is the unknown quantity in the problem?
- How does your equation represent the problem situation?
- Is your answer reasonable? How do you know?
- Where are the known and unknown quantities in the problem you wrote?
- How do you know that your problem is a multiplication or a division situation?