Ways of Thinking: Make Connections
Take notes about your classmates’ approaches to evaluating the expressions they wrote.
As your classmates present, ask questions such as:
- What cars did you use in your train?
- How do your two expressions represent your train?
- What properties did you use to rewrite your expression to combine like terms?
- Did you get the same answer when you evaluated each of your expressions? If not, what did you do?
- Which expression was easier to evaluate? Why?
- What is the length of your train? How do you know?