Ways of Thinking: Make Connections
Take notes about how your classmates corrected the work and their conclusions about the most common errors that Emma and Chen made.
As your classmates present, ask questions such as:
- What strategy did you use to find the student errors?
- How could you tell if the work was correct or incorrect?
- How does your explanation or diagram clearly show what the student did wrong?
- How did what you have learned about expressions and the distributive property help you evaluate the student work?
- How did you identify the most common error that each student made?
- What advice would you give each student about how to deal with problems of this type in the future?