Ways of Thinking: Make Connections
Did any of your classmates use a method that is different from the one you used to find the conversion factors and solve the problems?
- Take notes on the different approaches.
As your classmates present, ask questions such as:
- Explain how you used the ruler to find conversion factors.
- Where do you see the conversion factor in your method? Where do you see the answer?
- Why is multiplication rather than division the correct operation to use to make the conversions?
- What happened to the units as you performed the multiplication?