- Predict what you would hear if you listened to the heartbeats of an elephant and a mouse. Follow the instructions in the interactive to hear the heartbeats of the elephant and the mouse.
- Predict what your heartbeat would sound like compared with the mouse’s and the elephant’s heartbeats. Do you think your heartbeat is faster or slower?
- Find your pulse. Follow the instructions in the Heartbeats interactive to record your pulse and heart rate.
- Compare the graph with the double number line. How are they alike? How are they different?
- Pick a point on the graph. Explain what it means.
- How does your heart rate compare with a mouse’s heart rate? How does it compare with an elephant’s heart rate?
- Choose an animal and research its heart rate. Predict what the graph of its heart rate would look like. How would the graph compare with your heart rate graph?
INTERACTIVE: Mouse and Elephant Heartbeats