All About Histograms
Summary of the Math: All About Histograms
Read and Discuss
- Unlike with line plots, measures of center and spread cannot be found by looking at a histogram, because individual data values are not shown. The number of data points in a histogram can be found by adding the frequencies of the bins.
- To make a histogram, you have to choose a bin width. You can choose a bin width based on where the data are distributed (so that the shape of the data is clear), or to organize the data in a logical way (such as by 10s or 5s).
- Explain what a histogram is?
- Make a histogram?
- Describe the type of data that a histogram is most useful for representing?
- Compare line plots and histograms?