A newly discovered hormone contains four amino acids linked together. Under which chemical class would this hormone be classified?
- lipid-derived hormone
- amino acid-derived hormone
- peptide hormone
Which class of hormones can diffuse through plasma membranes?
- lipid-derived hormones
- amino acid-derived hormones
- peptide hormones
- glycoprotein hormones
Why are steroids able to diffuse across the plasma membrane?
- Their transport protein moves them through the membrane.
- They are amphipathic, allowing them to interact with the entire phospholipid.
- Cells express channels that let hormones flow down their concentration gradient into the cells.
- They are non-polar molecules.