A new antagonist molecule has been discovered that binds to and blocks plasma membrane receptors. What effect will this antagonist have on testosterone, a steroid hormone?
- It will block testosterone from binding to its receptor.
- It will block testosterone from activating cAMP signaling.
- It will increase testosterone-mediated signaling.
- It will not affect testosterone-mediated signaling.
What effect will a cAMP inhibitor have on a peptide hormone-mediated signaling pathway?
- It will prevent the hormone from binding its receptor.
- It will prevent activation of a G-protein.
- It will prevent activation of adenylate cyclase.
- It will prevent activation of protein kinases.
When insulin binds to its receptor, the complex is endocytosed into the cell. This is an example of ______ in response to hormone signaling.
- cAMP activation
- generating an intracellular receptor
- activation of a hormone response element
- receptor down-regulation