A rise in blood glucose levels triggers release of insulin from the pancreas. This mechanism of hormone production is stimulated by:
- humoral stimuli
- hormonal stimuli
- neural stimuli
- negative stimuli
Which mechanism of hormonal stimulation would be affected if signaling and hormone release from the hypothalamus was blocked?
- humoral and hormonal stimuli
- hormonal and neural stimuli
- neural and humoral stimuli
- hormonal and negative stimuli
A scientist hypothesizes that the pancreas’s hormone production is controlled by neural stimuli. Which observation would support this hypothesis?
- Insulin is produced in response to sudden stress without a rise in blood glucose.
- Insulin is produced in response to a rise in glucagon levels.
- Beta cells express epinephrine receptors.
- Insulin is produced in response to a rise in blood glucose in the brain.