Paper Requirements Review
Now your task is to synthesize the reading, writing, thinking, and discussion you have done and create your own unique vision of what you think the American Dream should be.
You will write a three-to-five-page argument paper explaining and defending your position.
In your paper, be sure do the following.
- Include an introduction that frames the issue clearly, providing enough background for your reader to know what you are talking about.
- Articulate a clear vision of the American Dream.
- Be yourself. Write in your own, individual voice aboutyour opinions.
- Make it clear why this vision benefits the individuals who dream it and the society as a whole.
- Use the readings you have done (including your Independent Reading book) and the arguments you have heard as evidence.
- Address possible counterclaims.
- Appeal to your audience: modern American readers.
Be sure to ask your teacher any questions you have about this paper.