Look at the situations cards and sort them into the following categories:
- Situations that describe rates
- Situations that do not describe rates
- Situations in which you are not sure whether or not it describes rates
HANDOUT: Card Sort
- Sort the cards into the appropriate categories.
- For each situation, explain your thinking to your partner.
- If a situation describes a rate, check it against your definition.
- If the situation does not describe a rate or if it is not possible to tell, explain why not.
- Use your definition of rate to help you decide whether or not each situation describes a rate. If your definition is not helpful, revise your definition.