Ways of Thinking: Make Connections
Take notes as your classmates share how they calculated the mean and identified particular scores.
As your classmates present, ask questions such as:
- How did you find the mean?
- How did you identify the lowest score?
- How did you identify the highest score?
- How did you identify which score occurs most often?
- How did you determine which score is in the middle of
- How did you determine which scores make up the middle 50 percent of the data?
- How do the mean, the score in the middle of the data, and the score that appeared most often compare?