The Mean and Describing Data
Summary of the Math: The Mean and Describing Data
Read and Discuss
- Mean: A measure of center in a set of numerical data, computed by adding the values in a list and then dividing by the number of values in the list.
- Median: A measure of center in a set of numerical data. The median of a list of values is the value appearing at the center of a sorted version of the list, or the mean of the two central values, if the list contains an even number of values.
- Mode: A measure of center that occurs the most often in a data set. There can be more than one mode, or none at all.
- Range: The difference between the least and greatest values in a data set.
- Describe what the mean is and how to calculate it?
- Describe what the median is and how to find it?
- Describe what the mode is and how to find it?