About Box Plots
Summary of the Math: About Box Plots
Read and Discuss
- A box plot shows how data are spread. It does not show individual values like a line plot does. It is possible to create many different data sets with the same box plot.
- For example, once you make a box plot, you can add the same number of data points to each quartile and the plot will not change.
- You can see the median in a box plot, but you cannot tell what the other measures of center are like you can in a line plot.
- Discuss the characteristics of a box plot?
- Discuss the similarities and differences between the information a line plot shows and the information a box plot shows?