Peer Response Groups, Step 1
Meet with your group. Share your narrative electronically with all members of your group. Then, take turns reading your work aloud, with group members following. There are two steps in the peer revision process. Repeat both steps for everyone in your group.
In step 1 of your peer revision process, for each work shared, the readers should split up the following tasks. You may be responsible for more than one.
- Identify anything that shows a developing conflict or resolution to the conflict.
- Identify details that use strong, descriptive language.
- Identify examples of strong, active verbs.
- Identify places where you see the speaker’s struggles.
- Identify places where you see the speaker’s growth.