- From Debbie Levy: "Today, Jo Ann will be the first to remind you that she is just one of twelve black students who went through the agonizing experience of desegregating Clinton High School. She'll make sure you know that because of her parents' decision to leave, she spent only one semester there. The heroes, she'll say, are Bobby Cain and Gail Ann Epps - the ones who hung in there long enough to graduate despite the danger and discomfort of showing up, day after day, to a place where they knew they were not wanted. I say they are all heroes."
- Leadership and Responsibility, Problem-Solving and Communication, Reading for Literacy in History/Social Studies, Writing for Literacy in History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects
- Upper Primary, Middle School, High School
- Grade 6, Grade 7, Grade 8
- Material Type:
- Lesson Plan
- Laura McShane
- Date Added:
- Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial Share Alike
No evaluations yet.