What Did You Learn in the BookFlix Class?

by INFOhio Staff 1 year, 10 months ago

Take the BookFlix Class to learn more about this digital resource licensed by INFOhio. 

What was the most important thing you learned from this class? What makes it important to you? Consider other responses and reply as necessary.

Samantha Cornell 1 year, 9 months ago

I am excited to have the ability to use this kind of technology within my classroom. Technology in the classroom is the way things are going and to be able to incorporate reading with technology is important for children to see. for them to know that technology does not just mean playing mindless games.

Samantha Hannahs 1 year, 5 months ago

I think that the most helpful part of the class was learning that there are lesson plans that go with the books on Bookflix and can be tied into our standards, so we can use them regularly in the classroom. 

I really liked the entire module. I think it was quick, informational and thorough. 

I love that I can use these resources in the classroom AND send them home for student/family use. Using them in the classroom is a great way to incorporate technology and teach the students that it can be used for learning, not just playing games.  

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 5 months ago

I learned this resource is valuable for early readers and writers. It is free, aligned to standards, has built-in communication with parents, and features to make all text accessible. This will be a great resource to use when introducing resources to school districts.

Leanna Falbo 1 year, 4 months ago

This is a great resource for teachers, and having technology in the classroom. It demonstrates that learning can be done in a fun way, which makes a teacher's job easier. It is excellent resource for having a fiction story and non-fiction story on the topic you are wanting to discuss in class.  Also having the highlighted vocabulary words to expand on them is a nice asset to a book. The puzzlers and lesson plans are an added benefit as well.

The most important thing I learned from this class is all the additional resources I was missing when using BookFlix before! (And I had been using it a LONG time.) Specifically, I learned about the lesson plan resources and that will make my life SO much easier! I am so used to creating my own lessons that it has become a way of life and time is also a valuable resource. I am happy to know that I can access so many relevant lessons that are aligned to the standards. Thank you!

Timothy Fuller 11 months, 2 weeks ago

Being able to use paired titles will be very helpful. It now gives more more resources that are better alighned to our standards and trustworthy.

Celecia Merk 10 months ago

The most important things I learned from this class are the best practices for using Bookflix in the classroom.  I now have a better understanding of using digital text, print, and other media in early learning curriculum.  Bookflix is a wonderful resource, and I look forward to using it with my students.  

Christina Bonarigo 8 months, 4 weeks ago

I have used BookFlix in my classroom for a number of years. I was unaware of the corresponding lesson plans. I look forward to using them this year to make my lessons more meaningful for my students.

I feel it is very important for young children to have discussions. They learn so much from listening to their peers, and at times their teacher, express their thoughts and possibly learn some new vocabulary.

Also, home-school connection is important. I plan to use BookFlix on my google classroom weekly. Hopefully it will encourage  reading at home as well as some discussions.

I agree with the other posts that students should know that technology is not just for games.

Amy Glosh 5 months, 2 weeks ago

As an LRC, I am not responsible for creating lesson plans. That said, it is informative to understand the learning objectives behind the individual stories and the paired books. The resources and tools are also helpful from a overview/planning perspective. 

Anne McDowell 4 months, 2 weeks ago

The most important thing I learned from this class is that BookFlix has many additional resources beyond the typical digital stories. I like the extension activities and am looking forward to sharing this resource with my colleagues!

Lily Blackburn 4 months, 1 week ago

Discovering that this resource is easily available and accessible to use in the classroom! This is important because various tools readily available in my classroom is most important for adaptabilty, flexibility, and inclusive teaching practices.

Tina Jarosz 3 months ago

I loved learning about Bookflix.  I will defimnitly be using this in my classroom.  Technology is very important way these kids are learning.  I like that there are activities to go along with the stories.  I like that there are also resources/activties that can be rolled over to the home environment to continue to learn.

Angela Rogers 3 months ago

The most important thing I learned from this class is the lesson plans. While I have used Bookflix before to show stories, it is important to know about the lesson plans to get the most out of the stories and to relate them to our grade level standards.