Technology as a Teaching Tool

by INFOhio Staff 1 year, 11 months ago

Choose the statement you feel is the best guide for you as you consider using technology as a teaching tool:

• The key to using technology with preschoolers is balance.
  • Integrating technology into the classroom can start by using what you already know.
  • Joint media engagement is important to keep learners engaged and interacting with each other.

Explain why you chose the statement, and how you will use it to implement the INFOhio Early Learning Portal resources in your teaching.

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 6 months ago

I like the balance statement. We want to use technology as it is everywhere in the world and we need to teach internet safety and awareness. We need to start young. But we also don't only want to use technology. Then it becomes a crutch and we aren't able to work on some soft skills that can't be learned behind a computer screen.

Balance is definitely a need for the students. It used to be you had to be a teenager before you had a phone, now it is a tool used to show videos to entertain the kiddos at an early age. They know how to manipulate the screen to get what they want to watch. If we can have them utilize early learning apps, this would help balance their screen time. 

Celecia Merk 11 months ago

I chose the statement:  "The key to using technology with preschoolers is balance."  I chose this because it's important to merge traditional methods of teaching and learning with current methods.  I plan to implement INFOhio's ELP resources into my teaching by using it to enhance traditional learning activities.  

Anne McDowell 5 months ago

The key to using technology with preschoolers is balance.

I chose this statement because all students learn in a variety of ways. Technology can address a variety of learning styles, but not all. Implementation of technology in lessons needs to be balanced with other delivery tactics, especially with early learners. Resources can be used with volunteers, at stations, or in small groups to help support lessons.

Julie Barclay 1 month, 2 weeks ago

The key to using teachnolgoy with preschoolers in balance.

I chose this statement becuase I feel technology is here to stay. However, we must find a way for preschoolers to use the advantages of technology while at the same time transfering that knowledge outside of technology.  Technology is an item to have in the tool kit for educators and parents.