Instructional Materials from the INFOhio Early Learning Portal

by INFOhio Staff 1 year, 11 months ago

Share a resource that you found and post your response, identifying how you will use it in instruction. Review the thread and reply to other participants' responses.

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 6 months ago

I found Peg and Cat. It's a cartoon-like activity center than has games and videos to assist with basic math and other skills. I like that I could navigate there and then set up the videos that my students would need. This could help me differentiate a portion of my lesson by providing basic skills and interactive videos to some students while working with others. The engagement level of the videos would provide me time for that.

Sesame Street - Breath, Think and Do: Allows the students to learn techiques that have a calming effect on their social emotional needs.

Celecia Merk 11 months ago

I love the BookFlix resource because it uses the combination of fiction and nonfiction books to teach a topic, and I can definitely see myself using this with my students.   

Anne McDowell 5 months ago

I found BookFlix in the Early Learning Portal. I will use this resource to help integrate fiction and nonfiction text. I like that this resource has additional activities linked to each book!

Julie Barclay 1 month, 2 weeks ago

I found Pip and the Big Wide World.  This was a science based website that can be used for a varitey of science topics.  The video I watched could be used to introdce and expand on color recognition. There is a section for parents that can be sent home as a connection to the learning.