Features of the INFOhio Early Learning Portal

by INFOhio Staff 1 year, 11 months ago
  1. What do you think will be the easiest thing about using the INFOhio Early Learning Portal?
  2. What are some benefits from using the Early Learning Portal with your students? What might be some roadblocks?
  3. Think of at least one student in your class who might gain advantages by using resources from the Early Learning Portal. What elements will be most beneficial for this student?
Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 6 months ago

I like the ease of navigation. There isn't too much content on a page. Things are simple and easy to find and I like that are resources to support your family and mental health as well. 

While I think it's easy to navigate, I don't know that I would use the portal with children. I could access the activities and videos, but I wouldn't allow them to navigate the portal. I do think that's too much.

I don't have studnets, so it would depend on the needs of my students. I like that the Educator tab is broken into topics so that I can find resources to meet the needs of the youngest learners. The Peg and Cat resource might be one that I could share with students that would be fun and engaging while learning.

1. What do you think will be the easiest thing about using the INFOhio Early Learning Portal? I really enjoy the ease of use for teachers.
  2. What are some benefits from using the Early Learning Portal with your students? What might be some roadblocks? Being able to help guide them along the learning path as they grasp the excitement in learning new things. Parents that need help adjusting to using this technology to help them learn instead of other modes that are used to babysit.
  3. Think of at least one student in your class who might gain advantages by using resources from the Early Learning Portal. What elements will be most beneficial for this student? Currently teaching 4th and 6th but prior students from K would benefit from this approach.
Celecia Merk 11 months ago

1. I think the easiest thing about using the early learning portal will be navigating to find the needed resources.

2.  One of the benefits of using the ELP with students is that all resources align with Ohio Early Learning Standards and meet the rubric requirements of being engaging and interactive.  One roadblock would be that students are too young to access these resources on their own so I would have to use as whole group, small group, or one-on-one, but I feel as a whole these resources are still easy to incorporate into my classroom.  

3.  I believe the interactive components of educating while entertaining will be most beneficial for my students.  They will be having fun while also learning.

Amber Oaks 6 months ago

I'm not sure what would have been easiest about the portal. I came into the training with no knowledge of this resource and am not really sure where to start. 

For me personally it doesn't have a ton of benefits because in the program I work at we don't use technology with my age group. 

As for the last question again we don't use technology and give the children no screen time in my age group. It seems it would be more beneficial for older children to have access to these resources as long as an adult n is there to navigate and conform for them

Anne McDowell 5 months ago

What do you think will be the easiest thing about using the INFOhio Early Learning Portal? Teachers will be able to easily implement this resource
What are some benefits from using the Early Learning Portal with your students? What might be some roadblocks?  I can see this being difficult for young learners to use. Students will enjoy learning through this portal with adult assistance. 
Think of at least one student in your class who might gain advantages by using resources from the Early Learning Portal. What elements will be most beneficial for this student? I like that it has family connection pieces to send home. This will help bridge the gap between home and school. 

Julie Barclay 1 month, 2 weeks ago

1. The interface of the portal is userfriendly.

2. Using the resouces of the portal for large group activies in the classroom would benefit the students.  Roadblocks for some students are they become engage with the media as a screen and have difficulties transitioning to a new activity. 

3. The resoucres for non-verbal students are tremendous.  These links will allow students to find a way to communicate.  

Stephanie Blunt 1 month, 1 week ago

1. I think using INFOhio to find resources should be easy.

2. Some benefits might be just having resources that are specifically designed for the age I teach.On the other hand,it might be more of a challenge to incorporate in class. Also, we have chromebooks to use, but the preschoolers are not very familiar with them. It may take some time to get them using these devices independently.

3. One advantage I would Like to see students gain from the Early Learning Portal is, differentiated instruction and extra practice where the they most need help.