Samantha Cornell 1 year, 9 months ago

Because I have not had tech available to me in my classroom, the resources for classroom use is invaluable to me! I am excited to scroll through and develop truly meaningful and intentional leanring opportunities with the use of technology. I think it's important for kids to learn that devices can be so much more than a gaming or socialization tool.

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 6 months ago

It's important to teach children at the youngest ages how to use technology and what types of technology they should be using. The best way to do this is through modeling.

Victoria Lininger 1 year, 5 months ago

The most important thing I learned is that technology is important for learners of all ages.  While we can teach them in different ways, it is important to encorporate a healthy amount of learning using technology so that they learn what IS healthy technology use while reinforcing skills that we are teaching and that they need to know. 

I have resisted a lot of use of technology in my classroom because I know that students are using it at home.  However, I now see that it is important to encorporate healthy tech habits into their lives so that they can be successful with educational technology in school. 

Leanna Falbo 1 year, 4 months ago

I understand your hesitation to having technology in the classroom. After taking this class, I think it has given you the necessary tools to successfully implement it to your classroom.

Leanna Falbo 1 year, 4 months ago

It is important to have some type of technology in the classroom, but using it responsibly and developmently appropriate by the age group you are teaching.  It is important to me as a teacher to be sure I'm am being the best model of using technology in the classroom. 

Keeping a balance in the technology and hands on approach to teaching is critical to the success of the student. Other stimulus is needed to keep them active and not just gamers seeking instant gratification on devices. Brain breaks to exercise not only their minds but their bodies.

Megan Ramsey 11 months, 1 week ago

How to find quality resources for use in the classroom and to share with families.  

Celecia Merk 11 months ago

The most important thing I learned from this class is that technology should be used in conjunction with traditional learning and activities, and this class has given me valuable, quality educational resources that align with Ohio Early Learning Standards so I can feel confident about using them in my classroom and sharing these resources with parents.  

Julie Barclay 1 month, 2 weeks ago

I learned more information about the resoucres available through infohio and the Early Learning Portal.  This is a resouce I can share with co-workers and parents in my program.  Parents frequently ask for things they can do with their child at home and this tool is an easy way to share that informaiton with them. 

Emily de Villiers 1 month, 2 weeks ago

The research available for best use preactices is invaluable.  Just reinforces what I already knew.

Abbey Harrell 1 month, 2 weeks ago

I have learned what a great resource Info Ohio is. I have never explored and am excited to use it with my preschool children. I also learned that technology in my classroom can be fun and not harmful.