Samantha Cornell 1 year, 9 months ago

We have not had computer style technology in my classroom today. This upcoming year, I will have a Vibe Board in my classroom. I am excited to use it for audio books and Hoopla as well as virtual field trips!

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 6 months ago

I don't have a child, but I like how the food pyramid is set up. It argues for which types of online content is "healthier" and can be used more frequently. Odds are that in some instances, that pyramid is flipped upside down.

Victoria Lininger 1 year, 5 months ago

This is first I've seen this and I love it!  We use YouTube a lot in my classroom to engage in movement activities via movement songs... and the kids love it.  I also have shared some of these with families through our Google classroom.

I plan to share this Media pyramid with my families as well.  What a great guide for those who are unsure of how/when/how much digital media is appropriate.

Leanna Falbo 1 year, 4 months ago

I would introduce the "Screens before bed" from the pyrimid.  I would introduce it by explaining how it will benefit someone that is going to sleep soon. I would model it by helping my child complete that task by giving suggestions of things to do other than screen time before bed, like reading a physical book, or poems, or have a conversation about their day. 

Emily de Villiers 1 month, 2 weeks ago

I plan to share this list with my class parents.  One thing I found a little surprising is how for boys in particular limiting video game usage can have negative social effects.