Samantha Cornell 1 year, 9 months ago

I found that I had been speading a lot of time playing games on my phone. I decided I need to stop, so I deleted all games and have used that time to be more productive. I need to stop playing on my phone while I am wathcing TV or a movie, both with my kid and on my own. I have found if I watch things that are mentally engaging, I don't do that, so I focus on those kids of shows when it's just me. I need to be more present when I am watching stuff with my kid.

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 6 months ago

My phone is typically within my reach at all times. I am quick to check notifications, even when I am doing something else (watching a movie, cooking dinner, in a meeting). I need to model that people and relationships are more important than responding to an email.

I am positive in any interactions in social media, but that isn't the case for others. I would be sure my children know that positivity is the best practice. Don't say something you wouldn't in person.

Techology helps us do things more efficiently and quicker. Sometimes, you should take the long road. You never know what you will find and you don't always need to be in a hurry to find the next shortcut.

Victoria Lininger 1 year, 5 months ago

I use my phone to check email a lot, scroll through social media, do online banking/bill pay and read.  I could model better habits by picking up a book to read instead of reading on my tablet, use the computer to do my banking and stop checking email "after hours" and spend that time doing other, non technology activities.

Leanna Falbo 1 year, 4 months ago

As with most people I have my phone close by during the day and night.  To model appropriate use would be the following:

1. to not be on my phone when having a in person conversation to answer a text or email.

2. having it on silent or away from the table at dinner.

3.  determine a time to completely shut down your phone to enjoy family time or physical activity

Emily de Villiers 1 month, 2 weeks ago

I need to be better about not feeling like I need to immediately respond to texts when I'm spending time with my child.  I also need to not "double dip" using my phone and watching TV.