What Did You Learn from the Explora Class?

by INFOhio Staff 1 year, 10 months ago

What was the most important thing you learned in this class? What makes it important to you?

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 6 months ago

I like this resource as a place to find materials on the topic I am searching for at the lexile level I need. It would help find differentiated materials for my students. Searching by standards wasn't overly easy and the lesson plan template was so generic as to almost make it not worthwhile. But as an educator, I can create my own plans and links to standards.

Rachel Robson 6 months, 3 weeks ago

I learned how to navigate Explora and how to use Explora resources and lesson plans in the classroom. This is important as I become an iCoach and share these resources with the teachers I work with!

Dwight Meyer 3 months, 4 weeks ago

The ability to perform a search in English, and then translate any of the items that are availible as Online Full Text that can then be translated has really opened a massive amount of material for some of my students. The other thing that I liked about this class is that it gave me infinitly more experience with Explora, which is something I never really needed to do previously. 

Sam Appleby 4 weeks, 1 day ago

I stated this earlier, but I like the fact the the research topics can be pretty refined and the advanced search feature is really cool.  This leads to credible sources and I think that is very important to teach to students today.  Learning how to post things to my Google Drive and the Google Classroom was an extremely valuable resource.