February Discussion Questions!

by Emily Rozmus 1 year, 2 months ago

It's exciting to see the numbers go up on our Goal Tracker tool linked in the Group Resources and in the Discussions. I have also been following the feedback submitted by ICoaches in the Feedback Survey. Here are some interesting notes:

• Presentations taking teachers through the "front door" of the website rather than via a link on their website or the online catalog have increased. Keep it up!
  • 14% of the outreach and presentations you have submitted included administrators.
  • 50% of Future Forward Ohio funded digital resource training/outreach has been on Capstone Interactive eBooks, closely followed by PebbeGo Next with 29%!

Here are a few questions we'd love to see some discussion on based on feedback from the form:

1. A teacher stated that it took "more clicks" to get to a resource in INFOhio than just going to Google. How do you respond? What will help this teacher understand the value of vetted content for instructional use?
  2. Many presentations and outreach are on an "INFOhio Overview." How can you use content from Introduction to INFOhio class from the INFOhio Learning Pathways to avoid the "firehose effect?"

Reply to this post to share your thoughts and help your fellow ICoaches!

Emily Rozmus 1 year, 2 months ago

Hi Ellen,

You are correct - there is no substitute for quality! 

You might check out this lesson from the High-Quality Instructional Materials to Suppleent Curriculum class in the INFOhio Learning Pathways to help provide additional information about what quality instructional materials look like. 

Sarah Kiefer 1 year, 2 months ago

In response to #1 -

I'd agree ... going to Google is super quick and easy. Then I'd ask how they plan on teaching (or who has already taught) their students how to vett content? It is a research skill that MUST be taught ... somewhere, somehow. INFOhio provides this to our students of all ages. Teachers can be confident in the material that is provided. 

Emily Rozmus 1 year, 2 months ago

Hi Sarah! 

I really like that you start by validating their feelings first! Helps them to feel understood. Thanks for sharing your ideas!