March Discussion: What's the Value?

by Emily Rozmus 1 year, 2 months ago

Happy Spring...almost! Please take few moments and answer these questions by replying to this post. Remember, your conversation is so important to our ability to support Ohio educators and students! Thank you!

1. Have you used Educator Tools? If so answer these questions:

• What problem does this tool solve? 
  • What features are most important in solving this problem?
  • What benefits do you get from using this?
  • What is a competing resource that can also solve this problem?

2. Have you used Open Space or Ohio Reviewed Instructional Materials Hub? If you have used either, let us know which and answer these questions:

• What problem does this resource solve? 
  • What features are most important in solving this problem?
  • What benefits do you get from using this?
  • What is a competing resource that can also solve this problem?
Kim Tenerowicz 1 year, 1 month ago

Hi,

I use Educator tools a lot. It helps to look up lesson plans that pertain to certain grade levels. My favorite is BookFlix lesson plans that go with a book in the school library. I can show the physical book such as Exclamation Mark by Amy Krouse Rosenthal and show them the short Bookflix video as it comes to life for the students. It teaches students about what an Exclamation Mark does grammatically and it also talks about what it feels like to not feel like you fit in. The games connected are fun for the students and very interactive as I show it on the smartboard. The students love it and they are taught how to access the site so they can rewatch the video and read along with the book. 

Emily Rozmus 1 year, 1 month ago

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the feedback! I like that you are using it to find the BookFlix titles and their lesson plans.