ICoach 2023-2024 Post 8: Reviewed Materials

by Emily Rozmus 8 months, 2 weeks ago
  1. Choose one of the reviewed materials resources listed in the lesson and explore the site.
  2. How could you use this information?
  3. How could your building or district benefit from the information?
Susan Ridgeway 5 months ago

From what I can see, SETDA includes links to a variety of resources that has reviewed and quality OER. The resources tab includes an immense list of articles and topics but when I click on the view resources tabs nothing happens on many of them or a 404 page appears. I was abble to access other resources, though and I think this would be a great place to see how other districts or states approach funding technolgies, or for seeing what other places around the country incudes in their curricula, or how to set up classrooms, etc. There are a lot of "how to" articles. This is a great place for research and evidence for implementing new ideas in a school or a teacher's teaching routine. It also includes a lot of rubrics and evaluation tools from around the country.

Hanh Nutter 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Learn how to use the Ohio Materials Matter Reviews resource and its features to help you locate high-quality instructional materials. I explored resources with reviews for instructional materials and posted my response to the discussion. This is a great place for research and evidence for implementing new ideas in a school or a teacher's teaching routine.

Adrienne Anderson 4 months, 2 weeks ago

As with most resources, I would have these availble to the teachers in quick informations bites. they would be able to browse on their own but often simply ask if i have a resource for a specific question. and like having hyperlinks i can send through their email

Beth Clute 2 months ago

Infohio is an amazing resource. This is avalable to staff as well as to myself.

Dawn Ferrell 4 months, 1 week ago

Ohio Materials Matter - has many resources for teachers, parents and students to obtain knowledge to further carrers, have a place where people can virtually meet up to discuss common concerns, see where you fall amongst the standard locally and around the planet.  It pretty much has everything you need to promote personal growth and understanding.  I could use this information to obtain more information on teaching standards, and the building and district can benefit to also help improve teaching standards.

Anne McDowell 4 months, 1 week ago

I enjoyed exploring SEDTA. It was easy to navigate and had awesome resources linked. Bookshare is a nice resource for resource sharing for people with a variety of needs. I will be sharing this specific resource with our district especially because it has many resources to support dyslexia. 

Lauren Rocco 4 months, 1 week ago

I reviewed and explored the resource Ohio Materials Matter. I could use tis information to search specific subjects and grade levels to view the alignment summary and see what the focus and usability are to see if they have met the expectations for grade level. I think my building could benefit from this because they can use the information to improve levels and help with the standards of teaching.

Adrienne Byers 4 months, 1 week ago

I explored the Ohio Materials Matter Reviews. The information was nice to quickly see if a resource meets the needs you are looking for. I could link this resource to the teachers in my buildings. 

Deborah Clayson-Hughes 4 months, 1 week ago

Ohio Materials Matter is the resource I chose to look further into. It has links to Ohio Learning Standards and Assessments. It also has model curricula. It currently has a resource page about the up coming solar eclipe.

ASHANTI SMITH 4 months, 1 week ago

You could use this information to help teachers locate material for instruction. You can find you standings teachers can also use it to see different areas and their stading or ways to use instructional materials.

Heather Sanders 4 months ago

Choose one of the reviewed materials resources listed in the lesson and explore the site.

I selected to explore EQuIP (https://www.achieve.org/our-initiatives/equip/equip) and really enjoyed the many tools found on the site. The website was easy to use and filled with value. 

How could you use this information? I teach 8th grade ELA, and I can see using the wide variety of rubrics and lesson ideas in my classroom. 

How could your building or district benefit from the information? During a Professional Development day, or department meetings I could introduce the resource to the staff (specifically Math, Science, and ELA teachers). Noting some highlighted tools that they could easily implement in the classroom setting.

Natalie Hostutler 2 months, 4 weeks ago

1. Ohio Materials Matters Reviews shows curriculums and their effectiveness with visual rubrics. 

2. This information could be used during our school's 6-12 ELA curriculum adoption review process. It's beneficial to have credible data back up opinions of teachers who are on the selection committee. 

3. Choosing reliable HQIM is important when deciding on a tier 1 core curriculum and spending school funds to do so. 

Summer Lamp 2 months, 2 weeks ago
  1. I chose EQuIP.
  2. I could use the rubric, student work samples, and training materials. 
  3. This site has the above for math, ELA, and Science so all of those departments could use them.
LillyAnne Tedesco 2 months, 1 week ago
  1. ) General Type: Interactive eBooks with Multimedia Content 2.)Reason for Use: Enhanced Engagement and Learning: I feel some of our high school teachers have found interactive eBooks with multimedia content valuable for several reasons. 3) These materials often incorporate features like videos, quizzes, simulations, and interactive elements that can engage students in a more dynamic learning experience. The interactive nature can cater to different learning styles, making the material more accessible and appealing to a diverse student body. This type of resource can supplement traditional textbooks, providing a more interactive and engaging way for students to grasp complex concepts in various subjects.

Cassandra Rondinella 2 months, 1 week ago
  1. Choose one of the reviewed materials resources listed above and explore the site.
    1. SETDA
    1. This information is not new but could be used by students who are studying to become teachers.  It is a great combination of resources that can be used to design lesson plans.
  3. How could your building or district benefit from the information?
    1. This could be good information for teachers who are looking to revamp their lessons.
Elizabeth Shirk 2 months ago
  1. Choose one of the reviewed materials resources listed in the lesson and explore the site. I chose to explore SETDA. There were several links that were broken and not working but I was still able to use many of them. 
  2. How could you use this information? I could use this website for finding research and evidence based materials.
  3. How could your building or district benefit from the information? I think my building could benefit from it by having peer reviewed lessons and  resources easily accessible. I have been surprised by how many resources that are available for free that I didn't know about. 
Melissa Jarvis 2 months ago

Ohio Materials Matter has quick access to high quality materials. The district could use this resource to compare and improve learning standards.

Darlene Alaniz 2 months ago

I looked at Ohio Materials Matter Reviews resources to help locate high quality instructional materials.  It is a great way to see if materials are aligned with the Ohio's learning standards and can be sorted by subject, grade level, publisher, etc.

Gus Farmakidis 1 month, 3 weeks ago

The material resource I explored was Educators Evaluating the Quality of Instructional Products. This can be used in my building for so many things and all kinds of content areas. The Tools were seperated by subjects and grade levels and were very user friendly. This will be introduced to my teachers and they will be able to continue to benefit from it. 

Amy Glosh 1 month, 3 weeks ago

I explored the Ohio Reviewed Instructional Materials Hub and found it easy to navigate. It allows you to quickly focus on a particular education level and subject area. As an elementary LRC, I'm not exactly sure how I would use this (since I am not responsible for lesson plans), but I think knowldege of this resource would allow me to share this information and, perhaps, add more high-quality informaiton to lesson development. Additioanally, if a teacher was asking me fore information and/or supplemental information to support their lesson plan, then it would be a great resource to ensure that any recommendations provided high-quality materials. 

Sarah Sherwood 1 month, 3 weeks ago

The Ohio Reviewed Instructional Materials Hub would be great to use for myself and share with other teachers who are looking for supplemental materials, but want something already vetted by other educators. 

Susan Mongold 1 month, 1 week ago
  1. SETDA lists a variety of digital repositories for states, districts and schools.
  2. Information can be used to support lessons.
  3. Some offer rubrics and asssesments - very helpful tools for the busy educator.
Melissa Hudson 1 month ago

I chose Achieve's EQuIP. The site is user-friendly, and offers reviewed materials by grade level and subject in an easy to navigate format.

Ariel Hakim 3 weeks, 3 days ago

Ohio Materials Matter Reviews: The information on this site is easily navigable, and ratings are easy to understand. Thumbnails showing the way the resource looks is also helpful. These things hopefully make what could be an arduous process a simple one.

Linda Howell 2 weeks, 5 days ago

1. Choose one of the reviewed materials resources listed in the lesson and explore the site. I chose  EdReports. 2. How could you use this information?   EdReports is a tool used to find free instructional material  to help districts obtain quality resources for any subject,  it even supports ELA students .  With EdReports Teachers can compare options for their students to see if they meet college and career ready standards.  3. How could your building or district benefit from the information? Teachers have very little time, especially new teachers.  They don't always have the time to search for quality materials. EdReports is a place where they can research trusted sites and know that it is safe and age appropriate for all of their students' needs.        

Sam Appleby 2 weeks, 4 days ago
  1. Choose one of the reviewed materials resources listed in the lesson and explore the site.

I researched EQuIP and I like the content related to the Science Standards.    

A lot of the work that students are already doing can apply to Science Fair.  Making it easier for students to see how their content aligns with Science standards can make the work they are already doing transistion into a Science Fair submission all the easier.  

3. How could your building or district benefit from the information?  Both building and district would benefit from additional Science Fair submissions.  This can help us to acheive the Govenor's award, help our state report card, and improve student experience.