ICoach 2023-2024 Post 2: Reflecting on Your Learning

by Emily Rozmus 8 months, 2 weeks ago
  1. How will you use Open Space groups in future professional development? What impact could this resource have on professional learning?
Rachel Robson 7 months, 1 week ago

How will you use Open Space groups in future professional development? What impact could this resource have on professional learning?

I can use them to collect responses and questions from the group I am presenting to. They can then respond to one another, post their own questions, and keep the conversation going after the training is over.

LillyAnne Tedesco 3 months, 1 week ago

Overall, including Open Space groups into my professional Toolbox can have a lasting impact on learning outcomes, promoting  professional growth, collaboration, and shared knowledge within a like-minded community.

Adrienne Anderson 7 months, 1 week ago

I can use them as a quick resource for commonly asked questions and hot links the teachers and staff want to bookmark and find quickly in their daily schedule

Beth Clute 2 months ago

They are a quick resourse and I can direct teachers if the forget!

Stacy Knueve 7 months, 1 week ago
  1. How will you use Open Space groups in future professional development? What impact could this resource have on professional learning?

Open Space groups will be a great resource for teachers to network with other teachers on topics of like interest.  We are a small rural school district in Northwest Ohio so being able to connect teachers to other teachers would be very helpful.  I could also use Open Space groups during my presentations for teachers to ask questions and share ideas during the presentation when some might not be willing to speak openly in the presentation.  I could use the Open Space group to share resources, links, notes, etc with my teachers for future use.  It would also be a place for teachers to ask questions after the training if they have any once they get back to their classrooms and start using the INFOhio resources.

Angela Aquila 7 months ago

My plan is to use Open Space as a way to collaborate with other educators and figure out different ways to bring current information to the classroom while also keeping it exciting and engaging. The impact this would have on professional learning is that it would encourage other professionals to reach out and either share or gain important advice or information that would help them not only advance the quality of their work but also enrich the classroom experience. 

Matthew Garcher 6 months, 3 weeks ago

I plan on using the Open Space groups to search for ideas and resources that could help the teachers I service.  I think it could also be a useful place to ask for help when experiencing issues or speedbumps.

most of my teaching staff do not use discussion threads for professional learning, so showing them how to use it effectively will help with sharing resources inside our teams

Tiffany Simonson 6 months ago

I can use them to facilitate "class discussions" by posing a question and asking participants to reply to one another.  This could help expand professional learning by asking them to apply the information they've learned.    

Anne McDowell 6 months ago

I will use Open Space groups to research ideas and resources that could support PD opportunities. I am looking forward to building relationships and making connections with other educators and professionals!

Dwight Meyer 5 months, 2 weeks ago

Open Space is an interactive space that facilitates the exchange of ideas. I’m not looking to reinvent the wheel, I would much rather talk with all of you and use your best ideas and strategies to enhance my workshops. I feel highly encouraged to adopt and adapt the work of my peers while sharing my experience as well.

Dawn Ferrell 5 months ago

Using it as a place to share questions, ideas and concerns and to search for additional ideas to make classroom learning fun and engageing for the students/staff.

Susan Ridgeway 5 months ago

I think I would use Open Space as a virtual meeting place where teachers can document their use of different platforms from Infohio. They could share what they used, their learning objective, and the lesson plan it was used in. This may provide ideas for other teachers on how to use this easily accessible source insted of using, say, Teachers Pay Teachers. It is a free and accessible way to enhance student learning..

Cassandra Rondinella 4 months, 4 weeks ago

I find that Open Space is a great resource for creating modules of information for different groups and organizations.  This may be something I look into as I begin collecting all of my online learning lessons.

Natalie Hostutler 4 months, 2 weeks ago

I plan on using the Open Space groups to prepare and plan for upcoming professional development. I'd like to search for ideas and resources that could help the teachers and students I support.  I also think it could also be a tool to look when I'm looking for help and support myself. 

Hanh Nutter 4 months, 2 weeks ago

I plan on using the Open Space groups to prepare and plan for upcoming professional development. I'd like to search for ideas and resources that could help the teachers and students I support.

Deborah Clayson-Hughes 4 months, 2 weeks ago

Open Space will be used for collaboration and support between other ICoaches, and Learning Coaches in my buildings. There is so much available to share with Infohio and my goal is to make sure our staff know its there and how to use it.

Lauren Rocco 4 months, 1 week ago

I will use Open Space groups in the future to help with commuincation and questions. This group with be a great resource to have to share with teachers to keep communication open about topics and tools used for education. 

Adrienne Byers 4 months, 1 week ago

I will use Open Space groups to find resources and ideas to help work together with the teaching staff. It will be a nice reference for ideas. 

Darlene Wilson 4 months, 1 week ago

I think Open Space groups will be a great way for our teachers to network and build relationships with other educators outside our district. Since we are such a small school, we do not have multiple teachers per department, and therefore do not have a lot of options for sharing ideas.  In addition, we could use use it as a place to reflect on PD by answering questions in a discussion forum and responding to each other's ideas.

ASHANTI SMITH 4 months, 1 week ago

I can use them to gain knowledge on commonly used resources or get answers to common questions.

Heather Sanders 4 months ago

Open Space groups provide the necessary collaboration that should occur with any professional development. Open Space allows for thoughtful discussion between colleagues that share similar thoughts, ideas, and now a place where they can create together. It can be used to add meaning and reflection to PD. 

Angela Rogers 4 months ago

Open Space is a wonderful tool to use for professional development for discussions and resources. By creating new groups for professional learning groups, attendees can have a space to share ideas, ask and answer questions, and collaborate on their ideas. 

Elizabeth Shirk 3 months, 3 weeks ago

I am looking forward to collaborating and making new connections with others who may have more experience using the platform than I do. I think this will directly help me to be a better resource for the teachers in my building. It is always nice to feel like you are part of a community. 

LillyAnne Tedesco 3 months, 1 week ago

Open Space groups can be a valuable tool in future professional development as they provide a place for educators to expand their learning and exchange ideas. By allowing members to choose  topics that interest them, narrowing down the specific topic, Open Space groups can save time with relevant discussions.

Summer Lamp 2 months, 2 weeks ago
  1. I will could use it to learn other online modules and digital resources. It could help me with other PD requirements and maybe assist with license renewal. It will be an easy way to gain professional understanding.
Darlene Alaniz 2 months, 2 weeks ago

I like the idea of open space groups.  It helps with networking and learning together about common topics of interest.

Ariel Hakim 2 months, 2 weeks ago

Open Space groups are a great resource for networking in the virtual space. I can use this to share ideas with other LRC technicians and librarians throughout the state and encourage others to use it to collaborate with colleagues in other buildings and school districts.

Gus Farmakidis 2 months, 1 week ago

Looking forward to continue using InfOhio to support faculty, admin, staff with trainings and online learning tools to better support them as educators. Within the next school year my colleagues will be invited to participate in PD to help support their teaching and learning. Open Space will enable an ongoing, insightful conversation that educators can reference back to.

Jessica Higginbotham 2 months, 1 week ago

I will use Open Space groups in future professional development by sharing these coummunity spaces with educators at my school. I will be able to communicate with other ICoaches from other buildings and districts. I believe this resource will have a great impact on professional learning by providing a virtual space for collaboration with individuals around the state. This resource will also be helpful when trying to locate high qualtity instructional materials for fellow educators at my school.

Teresa Crawford 2 months, 1 week ago

Open Space Groups will provide a great network of support on various topics. It will also allow me to create discussion threads for our staff. 

Whitney Mihalik 2 months, 1 week ago

I will use Open Space to introduce my colleagues to the professional development and curriculum offerings. This could be incredibly helpful, especially in the ELA department, as we do not have a set 7-12 curriculum, and we could use this to make sure we are on the same page. 

Jill Hall 2 months, 1 week ago

I would like to use Open Space to gain additional knowledge of materials I can present to my staff.

Gerard Grimm 2 months, 1 week ago

Open Space appears to be a great resource for interacting and networking with like-minded educators on topics that can be used in the classroom.  I intend to use it collaborate with other educators as I both utilize this resource for myself, as well as through my instruction and professional learning opportunities I provide for my in-district colleagues. 

Ron Moser 2 months, 1 week ago

By creating an Open Space group we will be able to help each other find resources and answer questions that other may have. 

Melissa Jarvis 2 months ago

Open Space groups can be used to expand professional learning by viewing shared resources and collaborating with peers.

Laura Kovach 2 months ago

In the future I can use Open Space as a way to collaborate with other coaches to get ideas and insights for training. I may also share it with teachers if there is interest.

Jordan Edith 1 month, 4 weeks ago

This is my first time in an educational role so I will definitely be using the group as a way to run ideas by, and get ideas from fellow educators. Also this is a good resource for connecting.

Sam Appleby 1 month, 3 weeks ago

I plan on using Open Space groups to gather information and seek answers from my peers.  No need to reinvent the wheel.  Gathering this information will help me avoid barriers to my path towards InfOhio knowledge.  

Sarah Sherwood 1 month, 3 weeks ago

I plan to use Open Space for ideas and updates. Teachers want some quick, pertinent information, and I can sift through and bring it to them. 

Adrienne Kalaitsides 1 month, 3 weeks ago

I think Open Space groups will be a great way for teachers to network and build relationships with other educators both in and outside our district. This will be impactful for teachers as they can tap into resources, ideas, and answers! 

Lon Cseplo 1 month, 1 week ago

I see the Open Space groups as a way to really focus on finding and collaborating with my professionals in a very focused way. It really is a way to narrow in on a focused subset of people in this admittedly rather small group of professionals without the baggage of reaching out to too large a group and getting "lost in the shuffle." This method of collaboration could really focus the efficacy of my instruction to and from others in a manner otherwise very difficult.

Linda Howell 1 month ago
  1. How will you use Open Space groups in future professional development?  I most likely won't since I'm not permited to host PD sessions per our teacher/librarian contracts.
  2. What impact could this resource have on professional learning?  This resource has potential to host different course work in online learning.