What did you learn from the class Points of View Reference Source?

by INFOhio Staff 2 years, 1 month ago

What was the most important thing you learned from this class? What makes it important to you? 

Tracie Kleman 1 year, 9 months ago

I love how the categories are already sorted with students easily able to see cogent materials faster without a lot of extraneous articles appearing because of student's not offering a refined search string. Persuasive writing is key in all of our English classes and many of our social studies as well so this resource is inaluable!

Fiona Casida 1 year, 8 months ago

I liked the related items section. The point and counterpoint were expected in a point-of-view resource, but adding a guide to critical analysis takes the students beyond just comparing the two points and helps them learn how to analyze the text as well as how to differentiate between fact and opinion. Fake news is such a problem in the written and visual media that come across in our daily lives, and this is one more tool that will help students wisely navigate and think critically when they conduct research.

Timothy Fuller 1 year, 4 months ago

I like that it takes the students to critical thinking areas that they may not have had previously. It gives them topics to think about and form their opinion on topics they may not have been exposed to in their household.