xCT+ 2022 Post 11: Reflecting on Your Learning

by Emily Rozmus 1 year, 8 months ago

What INFOhio resource or service are you most looking foward to sharing or training others on? How will you let others in your building or district know about it? How will you support the learning and continued use of this in the classroom? 

Emily Kriegel 1 year, 7 months ago

I think the Learning Pathways are an amazing resource for educators. Often times, educators want high quality profesisonal development, but they don't have time. With these being self based and high quality, educators will not only be able to work on them at their convenience, but they will truly get informative content from them as well. There is a push for the use of high quality instructional materials, so I am really excited about that pathway and being able to introduce educators to that resource. I like that it doesn't necessarily have to be linear and educators can pick what is most applicable to their time and situation. 

Lindsey Schmiesing 1 year, 6 months ago

I am excited to share Open Space with our educators. We will be able to present this space at professional developments and use it as a way for teachers to search and share what they're doing in their classroom. As we push for the use of high quality instructional materials, Open Space will be important because it is imperative that our teachers learn from each other. As they explore, they need a space they can have that is a culmination of their research, teaching, and experiences. 

Dave Clark 1 year, 6 months ago

This is a difficult question to answer with the variety of resources available and accessible to teachers.  INFOhio Campus is one that I would like to focus on sharing with the educators that I work with in my part of the state.  Everyone has so much on their respective plates, but 24/7 access to high-quality PD is a resource that many are not aware of, or at least more should know about.  I can increase exposure to these resources in the roundtables that I host at my ESC and in follow-up communications after working with district leaders and educators to support the in-person PD that I deliver.  Finally, to support the continued use of this with staff members I will provide training and support when appropriate, and continue to gather feedback from those that use the resources and find ways in which I can support and expand the use of the resource.   

Nicole Dozois 1 year, 6 months ago

I believe the easiest resource to share and start working immediately is the Open Space. I would share how to access and use this resource and set up a group to have for any collaboration. This could be an opener to the Learning Pathways, where I could faciliate deeper learning with discussion boards and opportunities for others to reflect and share what they learned. As part of our PLC, I would encourage this as teacher use first and then discuss the various ways we could use the Open Space in the classroom to support our students. 

Melissa Solema 1 year, 6 months ago

There’s not just one that would fit the needs of the many districts and projects that I work with, however, based on their needs I believe it will be easy to connect them with the best resources and supports to get started. Sharing information and tailoring communications to areas of interest or follow up conversations and ongoing trainings are key to building knowledge of what INFOhio offers to Ohio.

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 6 months ago

I think the whole site needs a Revamp Rollout. I work with a lot of different districts in my role and it seems that we are constantly talking about HQIM and still not knowing there is one place we can all go to find them. I look forward to sharig this site with teachers and central office staff. Teachers will be able to find the materials and resources they need without extensive hours of searching and also grow their own knowledge with PD opportunities. Central Office staff can use it when moving forward with curriculum adoption to ensure materials are vetted and accessible for all. 

Bill Mooney 1 year, 5 months ago

I was excited to discover the PebbleGo Next and the Capstone Interactive eBooks resource in INFOhio. I will create three presentations on the Teacher Campus website that WOSU uses for educator resources and classes. These classes will be available on Teacher Campus in early 2023. The best way to support the continued use of this resource is by providing educators with templates and ideas for classroom use. The poster in the "Documents" area of INFOhio about "16 Ways to Use PebbleGo Next Flyer" is a great example of how to get continued use of materials. 

Nicole Dozois 1 year, 5 months ago

I have two different resource areas I am excited to share with colleagues – I am excited to share the Book Flix and World Book resources as I feel confident in my understanding of how to use them and have already compiled a list of ways to integrate them into a classroom. The other area I am interested in sharing are all of the Social Emotional resources, I feel this is a growing area of need for all educators. To be able to share resources that have been determined to be high quality and are developed with educators and students in mind.