xCT 2022 Post 10: Develop Your INFOhio Elevator Speech

by Emily Rozmus 1 year, 8 months ago

Post your elevator speech OR your curated list of INFOhio resources to meet the needs of a department in schools in your region.

Develop your answers to these questions or concerns.

• What is INFOhio?
  • What does INFOhio do?
  • Who can use INFOhio?
  • I can't use INFOhio because I don't know the log in information.
  • I work with (elementary/middle grade/secondary) students. What does INFOhio have for them?
  • Isn't INFOhio just for libraries or research papers?

Many of you will be able to find the best resources for core subject educators. Think about the other departments in your school or district. What INFOhio services meet their needs? Curate the list of digital resources, web tools, or services you would recommend.

• Counseling
  • Social Work/Mental Health/School Nurse
  • Athletic 
  • Curriculum
  • Administration
  • Resource Officer
  • Fine Arts
  • Foreign Languages
Emily Kriegel 1 year, 7 months ago
  • What is INFOhio? It is an online platform available to you at no cost which aims to provide equitable access, quality resources, and cost-effective support to each student, educator, and parent in Ohio. 
  • What does INFOhio do? INFOhio provided digital content, web tools, professional development and support, and library software. 
  • Who can use INFOhio? EACH and EVERY student, educator, and parent in Ohio.
  • I can't use INFOhio because I don't know the log in information. I have this snazzy video you can reference any time you can't quite remember the process. 
  • I work with (elementary/middle grade/secondary) students. What does INFOhio have for them? There is an unbelievable amount of content available for all gradebands and content areas. Here is a link to start your journey. Feel free to browse through it all; there are educational videos, books, articles, reference resources, and a plethora of other cool tools. 
  • Isn't INFOhio just for libraries or research papers? No! Use the link I shared above to see that there is everything you need as a teacher or parent to create engaging and enriching activities and lessons for your students and children. 
Lindsey Schmiesing 1 year, 6 months ago

I complied a list of INFOhio resources that would be helpful for the curriculum department: 

1) The Instructional Materials Rubric would be a fantastic resource to help evaluate curriculum and materials.

2) The High Quality Instructional Materials for Each Child Learning Pathway would be helpful for teachers who want to bolster their instruction.

3) This blog would be useful to thos involved with curriculum because it provides ways to supplement instruction with capstone interactive Ebooks. 

4) EBSCO is always a great resource because it helps compile curriculum materials. 

5) Resources like BookNook, Explora, Highlights, and Learn360 STEM would be helpful for curriculum because they are places we could send educators to browse resources for their classrooms. 

Dave Clark 1 year, 6 months ago

What is INFOhio? INFOhio is a free online platform available to all students, educators, and families in the state of Ohio that provides a wide variety of resources that assist in providing equitable access to all stakeholders in the state. 

What does INFOhio do?  INFOhio provides all Ohio PreK-12 students with free and equal access to high-quality digital resources.  In addition to providing this for students, INFOhio also provides the following for teachers: library automation, digital resources,  web tools, professional development, and training. 

Who can use INFOhio?  All stakeholders including students, educators, and parents have free access to INFOhio.

I can't use INFOhio because I don't know the login information. It is easy to get logged in and access the resources in INFOhio?  The linked YouTube video provides instructions on how you can get logged in, and if you have any issues go to support.infohio.org for assistance in getting logged in. 

I work with (elementary/middle grade/secondary) students. What does INFOhio have for them?  There are a wide variety of resources available for all grade levels through INFOhio. The site groups the resources into the following bands: 3-5, K-5, 6-8, and 9-12. This link will take you to the page where you can choose what band you would like to find resources for your students, or your child.

Isn't INFOhio just for libraries or research papers? Absolutely not.  While there are a number of resources that libraries or those writing research papers would find beneficial, the resources available through INFOhio are designed for all stakeholders including students, teachers, and parents or guardians.  Here is the link again to begin your exploration.

Many of you will be able to find the best resources for core subject educators. Think about the other departments in your school or district. What INFOhio services meet their needs? Curate the list of digital resources, web tools, or services you would recommend.

Resources provided by INFOhio for these other areas are also extensive.  Several tools that could have valuable information for these other areas would include Explora where you could find magazine articles or journals in your area of interest.  The Ohio Curriculum Support Guide where you could find specific curricula to support your area of work.  Lastly, OpenSpace could provide you with shared OERs that can inform, enhance, or further develop the work that you do with stakeholders.  

Melissa Solema 1 year, 6 months ago

• What is INFOhio? INFOhio is Ohio’s PreK-12 Digital Library available at no cost to Ohio educators, students, and families. 
  • What does INFOhio do? INFOhio provides equitable access to digital content. Web tools and resources, professional development, and library services.
  • Who can use INFOhio? All Ohio education stakeholders including students, educators, library staff, and parents are encouraged to use the information available from INFOhio to support equitable access to digital content and resources.
  • I can't use INFOhio because I don't know the log in information. INFOhio has automated the login process to provide a more streamlined experience and easier access to all of the resources available. This two minute tutorial will help you get started. Need help? Contact support.infohio.org 
  • I work with (elementary/middle grade/secondary) students. What does INFOhio have for them? Resources that are tailored to specific grade levels are available by selecting a grade band from the homepage, www.infohio.org. Scroll through the available resources and use the the “i” buttons to access more information about the resource. To learn more about sharing digital content with student or families, watch this tutorial.
  • Isn't INFOhio just for libraries or research papers? INFOhio is for everyone! There are resources and digital content available across PreK-12 for all subjects.

Resources for other areas: Open Space and Educator Tools can be valuable resources that help source materials for other content areas or positions. The web tools like Go! Ask, Act Achieve, iWonder, R4S, ISearch, Learn with INFOhio webinars and Teach with INFOhio blog posts are great ways to pair content and instructional strategies together.

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 6 months ago

Have you seen the updates in INFOhio? I know it used to just be used in libraries, but not anymore. You should really check out all there is to offer.

• What is INFOhio? A resource you can use to assist with getting HQIM into the hands of your teachers for free. Many of these resources can also be utilized at home.
  • What does INFOhio do? Houses all sorts of vetted materials in one spot for ease of access and searchability. There is no longer an excuse to not being able to find HQIM.
  • Who can use INFOhio? Every studnet, parent, and educator in the state
  • I can't use INFOhio because I don't know the log in information. It's super easy to do. We can teach our kids and parents how to access it at Open House too!
  • I work with (elementary/middle grade/secondary) students. What does INFOhio have for them? Honestly, there is so much. There are resources for kids as young as 3 and students as old as high school. But not just that, there is so much available for educators, like learning pathways, PD opportunities, and curriculum adoption resources.
  • Isn't INFOhio just for libraries or research papers? Not at all. In fact, if you're only using it for those reasons, you aren't familiar with all it has to offer these days. Check it out! You won't be disappointed.
Bill Mooney 1 year, 5 months ago

• What is INFOhio? INFOhio is Ohio's PreK-12 Digital Library for Ohio educators, students, and families. 

• What does INFOhio do? INFOhio provides access to digital content like eBooks, research tools, and digital access to thousands of magazines and newspapers, and more. 

• Who can use INFOhio? All Ohio educators, students, and parents are encouraged to use INFOhio.

• How do I log in to INFO? INFOhio has made the process easy. Every user in the state will be automatically signed in when you access the site.

• I work with (elementary/middle grade/secondary) students. What does INFOhio have for them? Elementary teachers have access to fun activities and eBooks, and Secondary teachers can promote the use of powerful research tools like World Book and Explora.

• Isn't INFOhio just for libraries or research papers? INFOhio is great for those audiences, but you will be surprised by all the digital resources you will find for all PreK-12 audiences.
Nicole Dozois 1 year, 5 months ago

An area that I feel there is a lot of current need in many of the school districts in which I work are surrounding the areas of mental health and Social Emotional Learning. I would share the following resources with the school counselors, social workers, mental health, etc. 

Learn with INFOhio: 

INFOHIO RESOURCES SUPPORT SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING: K-2 

INFOHIO RESOURCES SUPPORT SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING: GRADES 6-8

INFOHIO RESOURCES SUPPORT SOCIAL EMOTIONAL LEARNING: GRADES 9-12

Digitial Video Series: Social Emotional Videos – 6 short videos that address specific Social Emotional topics

Bookflix – digital books to help explain/discuss social emotional topics with students

GALE in Context