xCT+ 2022 Post 8: Applying What You Have Learned

by Emily Rozmus 1 year, 8 months ago

1. Think about an INFOhio resource or web tool or topic (literacy, inquiry, social and emotional learning) you would be likely to deliver training or professional development on.
  2. Identify the best INFOhio Learning Pathway class to support the training or professional development. Download the trainer guide and use it to help plan your delivery of the content.
  3. Use the Document Library to find flyers, bookmarks, screencasts, or videos to use in the training or professional development.
  4. Find a Learn With INFOhio webinar to include as a pre- or post-watch for the training or professional development.
  5. Idenitfy Teach With INFOhio Blog posts that will be useful as a reference for attendees or as a guide to support your delivery.

Post the resources you chose and the supporting materials you discovered.

Emily Kriegel 1 year, 7 months ago

1) I would love to delivery professional development on High Quality Instructional Materials.

2) The best INFOhio Learning Pathway class to suppord that training would be the "High Quality Instructional Materials for Each Child Learning." 

3) I believe this flyer regarding 9-12 Resources and Tools would be very helpful for this professional development because it gives teachers a place to look for HQIM. 

This video is a tutorial on how to search on EBSCO. This would be helpful for the teacher and student as well in regard to access of HQIM. 

4) This webinar is the first session in a series on identifying HQIM using the RemoteEdX rubric. It discusses how materials are reviewed by EdReports. 

5) This blog would be extremely helpful because it thoroughly details exactly what HQIMs are. It the goes on to explain Capstone Interactive Ebooks, which would be a fantastic tool to use in the classroom!

Lindsey Schmiesing 1 year, 7 months ago

I think it would be interesting to develop and present a professional development on inquiry for middle-grade students. Under the 6-12 Digital Content Learning Pathway, I found The World Almanac for Kids course that I think would be very helpful in developing this professional development. The "Grades 6-3 Resources and Tools" flyer would be a fantastic resource for this professional development because it features inquiry driven resources like Explora, IWonder, and Learn360 STEM. I discovered the "Inquiry and INFOhio" blog that would be a great resource for this professional development. It links articles from Edutopia that really explains inquiry-based learning. This webinar titled "Use Inquiry to Drive Authentic Research" would be good for the PD because it would give the educators something specific they could take back to their own classroom.

Dave Clark 1 year, 7 months ago

1. Think about an INFOhio resource or web tool or topic (literacy, inquiry, social and emotional learning) you would be likely to deliver training or professional development on.   I would be likely to deliver a training or professional development session on Inquiry and  PBL.  This is an area that I used extensively in the classroom and an area that I have received training on in my role at the ESC.

2. Identify the best INFOhio Learning Pathway class to support the training or professional development. Download the trainer guide and use it to help plan your delivery of the content.  The best INFOhio Learning Pathway class to support this training or professional development would be the 6-12 Digital Content Learning Pathway.  I would then focus on the Inquiry Training.

3. Use the Document Library to find flyers, bookmarks, screencasts, or videos to use in training or professional development. There are a number of resources I would use in support of this training. The resources would include- The Buck Institute for Education- Project-Based Learning, Eduscapes - Teacher Tap - Project, Problem, and Inquiry-based Learning, and Edutopia Project-Based Newsletter. Specific to the Inquiry training I would use the lessons that introduce OpenSpace and  Integrating GO! And R4S Into Classroom Inquiry lesson to share with educators how to introduce learners to the Inquiry process. I would consider using the Worldbook promotional materials for bookmarks, and some of the YouTube Mini Mondays for screencasts.

4. Find a Learn With INFOhio webinar to include as a pre-or post-watch for the training or professional development.  An applicable webinar to support this pedagogy would be the INFOhio IWonder & Genius Hour Grades 4-10.

5. Identify Teach With INFOhio Blog posts that will be useful as a reference for attendees or as a guide to support your delivery. Useful blog posts would include Inquiry and INFOhio -Teach with INFOhio Blog Post, and Sharing Information - Teach with INFOhio Blog Post.

Melissa Solema 1 year, 7 months ago

1. Think about an INFOhio resource or web tool or topic (literacy, inquiry, social and emotional learning) you would be likely to deliver training or professional development on. I support instructional technology integration, professional learning needs, and creation of in-person or online trainings that are connected to effective instructional design practices. 

2. Identify the best INFOhio Learning Pathway class to support the training or professional development. Download the trainer guide and use it to help plan your delivery of the content. Depending on the audience and desired learning outcomes, most INFOhio resources and supports could be used. The most beneficial pathways would include the ages 3-5, K-5, and 6-12.

3. Use the Document Library to find flyers, bookmarks, screencasts, or videos to use in the training or professional development. To effectively integrate many INFOhio resources, educators will benefit from the Logging in to Access Digital Content and Sharing Permalinks videos. These can be used to guide asynchronous or synchronous practice prior to building a lesson or student activity.

4. Find a Learn With INFOhio webinar to include as a pre- or post-watch for the training or professional development. The series on Capstone could be useful to demonstrate the full range of all three resources across multiple levels.

5. Identify Teach With INFOhio Blog posts that will be useful as a reference for attendees or as a guide to support your delivery. The Blog posts on text sets or Inquiry would compliment learning design in a professional learning setting nicely.

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 6 months ago

1. I would be likely to deliver a training on HQIM.

2. I would recommend the EdReports Learning Pathway

3. I would use the Adoption Steps visual in my training to explain the how and why behind the adoption of HQIM.

4. I would suggest people attend this webinar as it is a basis for the whys and whats of HQIM and a snippet into how to use EdReports

5. I would direct them to this blog to give them additional resources to use during and after their training.

Bill Mooney 1 year, 5 months ago

Think about an INFOhio resource or web tool you would likely deliver training or professional development.  

I would like to present on the Capstone Connect/PebbleGo resources for grades 3-6

Identify the best INFOhio Learning Pathway class to support the training or professional development. Download the trainer guide and use it to help plan your content delivery. 

*K-5 Digital Content Learning Pathway

Use the Document Library to find flyers, bookmarks, screencasts, or videos to use in training or professional development. 

*PebbleGo Next Poster

*16 Ways to Use PebbleGo Next Flyer

Find a Learn With INFOhio webinar to include as a pre-or post-watch for the training or professional development. 

Webinar:

"Through the Capstone Lens: Focus on Standards-Aligned Content"

Identify Teach With INFOhio Blog posts that will be useful as a reference for attendees or as a guide to support your delivery. 

Teach with INFOhio Blog Post: "Simple Strategies to Supplement Instruction with Interactive eBooks."

Nicole Dozois 1 year, 5 months ago

An INFOhio resource I would likely delivery professional development for would be on the: Effective use of online resources to support elementary students’ online inquiry and research using World Book Almanac and World Book Kids as resources to support.

To best support this work, I would use the INFOhio K-5​​ Digital Content Learning Pathway training classes. 

Resources in the document library that would best support this topic are as follows:

Flyer

WorldBook Student Video

Training and Support Document – World Book Kids

Learn with INFOhio webinars that would work for this professional development are 

Hidden Gems of World Book Student

Hidden Gems of World Book Early Learning and Kids

Another resource found in Teach with INFOhio Blog that would be useful is SIMPLE STRATEGIES TO SUPPLEMENT INSTRUCTION WITH THE WORLD ALMANAC FOR KIDS.