xCT+ 2022 Post 5: Ohio Materials Matter Reviews

by Emily Rozmus 1 year, 8 months ago

Search or browse the Ohio Materials Matters Reviews and share one or two curriculums whose ratings surprise you or confirm what  you  already  knew.

Melissa Solema 1 year, 7 months ago

The Wonders ELA curricula was updated for 2020 and is now rated highly by EdReports. Compared to its 2017 counterpart, it’s great to see publishers who are taking feedback from the reviews like EdReports into consideration when planning for future updates. I was unable to access the full report from OMM, however, instead I was able to locate it directly from EdReports.

Bill Mooney 1 year, 7 months ago

Working for a public media station, my role does not require me to review the K-12 curriculum. Still, it is good knowledge for me to be aware that these materials are there, so when I work with schools, this is an element of INFOhio that is important for schools to know where to find.

Emily Kriegel 1 year, 7 months ago

I echo what Melissa said. We have seen many of our districts very happy with the updates to Wonders. It is nice to see that its rating on EdReports correlates with the teacher experience. It is much easier to convince teachers to use HQIM that they feel are actually high quality. 

Dave Clark 1 year, 6 months ago

At a minimum this would be a tool to see if their assessment correlates to teacher satisfaction with the curriculum. 

Nicole Dozois 1 year, 6 months ago

Using the Ohio Materials Matters Review I researched the Fountas and Pinnell Classroom resource, I was aware that this program does not meet the standards. This rating did not deter a school district I work with from adopting the program but it did give us a lot to discuss prior to the adoption. I was impressed at the detail that is provided for each independent grade level. This helps clarify what is missing from the program to receive such a rating. 

Lindsey Schmiesing 1 year, 6 months ago

I have been working with districts that are adopting new ELA curriculum. I found that Wonders 2020 aligns very nicely and meets all areas within Edreports. It can be very overwhelming when adopting a new ELA curriculum and I strongly believe that EdReports allows the process becomes much more clear as to which curriculum aligns best with the standards. I was very surprised to see that Wonders met all areas within EdReports. Over half the districts we work with have adopted Wonders within the last two years and some are exploring it to adopt next year. I feel confident that they will be pleased to know that this is rated very highly within EdReports. 

Dave Clark 1 year, 6 months ago

I looked at a number of Science curricula and I was a bit surprised at how few either met or partially met expectations.  I looked at the full report for Amplify Science grades 6-8 which received one of the highest ratings from EdReports. This would certainly be a valuable tool for curriculum planning in a building or district when attempting to secure high quality curriculum and resources for students in the district.