xCT+ 2022 Post 4: Review Materials

by Emily Rozmus 1 year, 8 months ago
  1. Choose one of the reviewed materials resources listed in the lesson and explore the site.
  2. How could you use this information?
  3. How could your buildings or districts benefit from the information?
Melissa Solema 1 year, 7 months ago

In collaboration with the curriculum team through the ESCWR, the information available through OMM and EdReports provides the analysis of each program to help districts evaluate their current curriculum and begin the selection process. The connection to the science of reading using the indicators within the report is a valuable support. https://www.edreports.org/resources/article/edreports-application-of-the-components-of-the-reading-process

Emily Kriegel 1 year, 7 months ago

BookFlix is AWESOME! I know teachers often struggle to find good quality materials to supplement with other materials. The fact that this has a fiction piece paired with a nonfiction piece AND supplemental material to go along with them would be a game changer for a lot of educators. This would save them an abundance of time and resources. 

Dave Clark 1 year, 6 months ago

BookFlix is definitely a tool that I need to investigate.  Sounds very useful. 

Nicole Dozois 1 year, 6 months ago

PebbleGo Next/Capstone Interactive is a resource for grade 3-5 it includes articles, activities, videos and games split into 5 categories Science, Social Studies, Biographies, States and American Indian History. This resources offers a plether of resources which can be filtered easily to find the content of interest. 

Often times science and social studies programs lack proper resources due to finances within some schools. Sharing this resource with any Science/Social Studies would help put easy to access and high quality resources within reach that they could easily implement for research, interest, etc.

Lindsey Schmiesing 1 year, 6 months ago

Edreports is something that I have gravitated to the past year. While I have only been referring to Edreports to explore ELA curriculum, I found the site allows you to explore multiple content areas. I love how it allows me to quickly see if the curriculum meets the requirements to be high-quality instructional materials. As districts begin to adopt new curriculum that aligns to the state standards it will be important to share this resource with them. 

Dave Clark 1 year, 6 months ago

I looked at the EdSurge Product Index.  The site has a fairly extensive list of products that they review and they provide an extensive amount of information on the product or service.

This would be a great starting point in any search for a tech tool to consider using in a classroom, building, or district.

This information could speed up adoption, prevent any inappropriate use of tech tools, and provide an easy way to share with the tech department what tools could be beneficial to students.

Bill Mooney 1 year, 5 months ago

Choose one of the reviewed materials resources listed in the lesson and explore the site.

I went into the Ohio Reviewed Instructional Materials Hub and used a filter to find materials related to Digital Citizenship.

How could you use this information?

With the Ohio Standards listed and it received the endorsement of "Flexible Learning" and "Accelerating Learning," I now know to trust this resource.

How could your buildings or districts benefit from the information?

With this information and review, I can use this material with the comfort of knowing an educational professional reviewed it.