9th Grade Career Connections Course ideas

by Amy Holderby 8 months, 1 week ago

Hello all...new career counselor here. Anyone have any guidance/assistance with developing a ninth grade career connections course that allows students to explore the Ohio 16 career fields in light of their unique strengths, skills, and career aspirations?

Brenna Bartlett 8 months, 1 week ago

Hi Amy - check out the Career Connections course builder tool on the Department's website - https://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Career-Tech/CTE-Middle-Grade-Programming

There's also a course manual!

Amy Holderby 8 months, 1 week ago

Thank you, Brenna. Yes, I've been referencing that tool. I have a course mapped out, but I was just wondering if other folks had some course plans or learning resources they might share just to be sure I'm on the right track. 

Jason Spelic 8 months, 1 week ago

Hi, Amy.

While I don't have a full-fledge course, I'd be happy to chat about what I do as a 9th grade counselor and building up those career readiness skills over the course of a year.  spelic.j@dpccsd.org - Good luck! - Jason

Dennis Haft 8 months, 1 week ago

Hi Amy, I don't have any resources other than those shared by Brenna, but would be happy to try and assist.  Feel free to reach out to me:

dennis.haft@education.ohio.gov

Thanks!