Instructional Materials from PebbleGo Next

by INFOhio Staff 2 years, 2 months ago

Share and post the resource that you found and identify how you will use it in instruction. Reply to the thread and review and reply to other participants' responses.

Payton Norris 1 year, 10 months ago

On PebbleGo Next, I used the Capstone tool located in the upper right hand corner. From here, I was able to search for different lessons by standards. I selected my subject and grade and was given dozens of lesson ideas for this specific standard, with ebooks, activities, and videos to complete with my students. I think these lessons will be great supplements to what I already use, or could make for good station activities for students to complete.

Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 10 months ago

I found the Black History resource. I love that it provides resources you can use and suggests alternate EdTech needed. It also lays out plans by what the Instructor is doing and what the Learner is doing, which is a great way to plan instruction.

Laura Byler 3 months, 2 weeks ago

The articles that I found were for the fifth-grade standard 2. Early Indian civilizations (Maya, Inca, Aztec, Mississippian) existed in the Western Hemisphere prior to the arrival of Europeans. These civilizations had developed unique governments, social structures, religions, technologies, and agricultural practices. From this I decided to use the articles titled Your Passport to Preu and Geography Matters in the Inca Empire. These articles would be used on different days. On the first day, I would have the students use the article and complete a concept map focusing on the terrain and geography of Preu. They would then write a short paragraph talking about the positives and the negatives of what they found. The second day I would have the students read the second article and compare and contrast their ideas about what they found to be a negative of the geography and what the Inca found to be a negative. After this the studnets will complete a think-pair-share on what they found.