What Did You Learn in the Highlights Library Class?

by INFOhio Staff 1 year, 10 months ago
  1. What part of the class and its activities was most helpful in your understanding of the topic? Why?
  2. What part of the class could be better? What would you do to improve it? Why?
  3. What was the most important thing you learned from this class? What makes it important to you? 
Gretchen Lawn 1 year, 6 months ago

1 I like the number of resources and the accessibility features available

2. I wish there were more resources for educators

3. I would most likely use this with early readers or ELL students who can practice speaking and listening while building enjoyment and a love of reading.

Victoria Lininger 1 year, 5 months ago

1. Finding all the non fiction resources available is so valuable to my lesson planning.

2. Some of the links were hard to follow, so clearer directions would have been helpful

3. There are so many options for getting books..of any type.. in hands of my developing readers.

mary taylor 1 year, 1 month ago

I liked being able to explore and watch the youtube videos.   The site navigation is not easy, and I think that my parents will have a hard time with it.   I think that more explanations and demonstrations would have been helpful.

I liked the non-fiction selection and the ready made parent resources that I can send home or post on line.

Timothy Fuller 1 year, 1 month ago

1. I like the activitites that are available and the lesson plan template.

2. I also feel that more resources for educators as it would benefit all.

3. I like the trail for the ebooks lands with an object search I can relate to the thrill of using this for myself when going into a doctor visit!

Sarah Ryall 5 months, 3 weeks ago

1. I liked being able to explore the Highlights material and take the time to browse to see what is availble that would benefit my students. 

2. So many tabs open! Lots of great resources, but if there is a way to condense links, it made it tricky to read the information and then go back to where I was in the learning module. 

3. I loved the resources for parents! I was not sure if this was available at home, but more of my students will use this at home, so the parent guide will be helpful. Getting parents on board is always important in partnership in education. 

Karen Via 1 month, 3 weeks ago

1.I did like how it highlighted different sections within the highlights site. Being able to adjust the lixile level is huge!

2. It is alot to have to click from tab to tab during the class. Is there a way to explore the site that is led by you from the actual training page?

3. I like that I can include the parents. I feel like many are hungry for ways to help their kiddos.